Tuesday 5 February 2013

Da Brasilians

A bit of a departure from my usual rock-centric musical musings Da Brasilians are a mellow blend of vocal harmonies and gentle percussive instrumentals. This is music to calm the soul rather than exorcise any inner demons.

I have their self-titled album and despite a lack of stand-out individual tunes that I would stick a list of all-time favourites, it's a pleasant listen. Like most good music, I think it's also a grower, as I appreciate it more each time I listen to it. That itself might be a reflection on the fact that this is music to be listened to and appreciated, as opposed to instantly catchy pop that makes great background music but lacks depth. If you like clear musical talent and don't mind a lack of instantly catchy tunes, this one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)